Jeff Term 2 PPJ05

What was done

  • Stasis Tower animation improvement/implementation (2.5 hours)
  • Unit behavior script optimization (1 hour)
    • large quantities of units on the field at one time began to cause lag, hitching, and in some cases game stoppage. The code was optimized to limit some more intensive calls.
  • Effect implementation and fixes (1.5 hours)
    • Some effects became broken due to changes since the last build. I fixed those that came to my attention
    • Implemented effects for the stasis tower and stun blessing
  • Playtesting (2 hours)
  • Total – 7 hours

56bd13915a4c08f2f450767d8c8a84e4

What went well

  • Good number of playtesters, and we found a number of issues we can fix and places we can improve the game

 

What didn’t

  • Midterms and other work piled up and prevented me from getting as much work done as I wanted to
  • It came to my attention how unoptimized some of the code for the game is, and it was distressing to see how much the game slowed down under relatively normal use cases

 

Plans

  • Continue optimization
  • Continue implementation of new features
  • Work on some design-side issues like tooltip and menu informational text

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s