- Playtest Sessions (2.5 hours)
- QA (3 hours)
- Survey Analysis and results (1.5 hours)
- A lot of the feedback we received from completely new playtesters this week was very inspiring
- A lot of annoying bugs from the past have been fixed
- Balance changes, while mostly good, had some issues that were noticeable even in our playtest data and really need to be sorted before final release
- Lots of testing to make sure the game is ready to go for the showcase
- Balance tweaking on blessings, gold production, and towers/unit balance
- Bug fixing anything that might be found
This term was interesting. I thought it was going to be so different from last term but in actuality, it really wasn’t. During the first few weeks it was evident that I wasn’t really needed on the programming side of things as tasks were being completed rather quickly but no one was there to QA them so I kept at that, noting bugs when I found them. Part of this is on me though for not stepping up and asking for programming work to be assigned to me. Also I think we all made a promise to get things in earlier which none of us really followed so it lead to some builds going through untested which is just bad practice since I was almost always testing a week behind current release. So tldr; 3 things that didn’t go so well are 1. I didn’t get to program like I wanted to, 2. Constantly submitting things last minute, which leads to 3. QA testing was done on prior builds which is just really bad and allowed for so many bugs to get through since they wouldn’t be in my version.
On a more positive note, I got to work with even more Excel by making the Gantt chart which was a fun and cool experience. Aside from just that, I continued to do our Survey Analysis Reports which I always find intriguing. And finally it was really nice having people that I know genuinely enjoy playing the game and wanting to play against me in it.
All in all, I would definitely do it again, even if I am just the Excel guy.