Hey again! Last weekend, we held our first ever online test over on our Discord Server. We had a ton of fun and found an enormous amount of bugs, which poor Jeff cried about and then fixed, like the champion he is.
Thank you to all of our Testers who participated! You guys are awesome and gave us some great moments.
As for art, Mark has been hard at work on getting things up to snuff. Our Sun Tower has been looking a little drab recently, so we decided to upgrade.
Designed from the ground up and inspired by the Pyramids of Giza, the new Sun Tower is actually the first time a pyramid has been present in Sons of Ra! What took us so long? I have no idea, but check out the sketches below, and our most recent animation tests!
Sekhmet is coming along nicely, and her God Head is nearly complete. Just needs some colors!
- Sekhmet has a head now! Her keep is gonna look super cool.
- The Sun Tower is no longer 2 vague rectangles
- Enter the pyramid! Taste the sun!
- Packet clustering for improved performance
- Numerous bugfixes, including proper currency syncing between players
- That means no more infinite priests, you silly sausages
- Game Timer fixed between players
- UI updates
- Online UI
- New lobby & Server Browser!
- No more default Unity skybox!
- Main Menu updates: Now with fewer clicks™
- Online UI
- Conquest Bugfixes
- Neutral nodes functioning properly
- Player turn order fixed
- Final Victory theme
- Conquest Special Event theme
- New map theme?? (TBA)
We’re going to be taking a short break for the holidays, but you’ll hear from us again in the new year!
2021 brings with it the release of Sons of Ra, and we couldn’t be more excited to bring you the project that we started so many years ago. Thanks for sticking with us through 2020, and I’ll talk to you all again in January.