Kyle Streeper – PPJ 7

Completed Tasks

  • Balance recommendations (.5 hours)
  • QA Testing (2 hours)
  • Playtesting with roommates (1 hour)

Positives

  • Many assets were added into the game
  • A lot of bugs were sorted out

Negatives

  • Felt disconnected from the team
  • Communication is messy
  • Wasn’t sure what I should have been doing exactly this week

Upcoming

  • Minor bug fixes
  • Finalization on balancing
  • Juice

Kyle Streeper – PPJ 6

Completed Tasks

  • Balancing recommendations (1 hour)
  • QA and bug testing (3 hours)
  • Playtesting (1 hour)
  • Data reporting and compiling (1.5 hours)
PPJ6
QA testing the current build

Positives

  • A lot of assets have been added to this build
  • Animation effects are coming along
  • Player feedback is really good

Negatives

  • Still a little bit of balancing issues that need to be figured out for next week (not to major but some noticeable)
  • Still some niche bugs that occur in the current build

Upcoming

  • Continue improving and fixing bugs
  • More animations
  • Passive towers
  • Better UI

Kyle Streeper – PPJ 4

Completed Tasks

  • Team Meetings (1 hour)
  • Implementing Survey questions into Google Forms (1 hour)
  • In-game screen flows (3.5 hours total)
    • Main menu (.5 hours)
    • Pause screen and functionality to not break the game (2 hours)
    • Victory screens and control flow (1 hour)
  • Data report and compiling (1.5 hours)

 

PauseGameSnippet
Code from the PauseGame Script I made

Positives

  • Felt like I actually contributed something to the team that was worthwhile
  • Communication between team members on Discord was really good this week
  • Got to work with data! Survey responses were really good and had amazing insight

Negatives

  • Started my work later than I wanted to
  • A lot of playtesters noticed similar bugs involving unit movement that need to be addressed

Upcoming

  • Bug fixes!!
  • Implementation of different towers and assets

Kyle Streeper – PPJ 3

Completed Tasks

  • Team Meetings (3 hours)
  • Base calculations for units and archer tower (1 hour)
  • Pushing build to Drexel Tux server (0.5 hours)
  • Attempted to fix Unit AI stack issue (unsuccessful; many hours sunk)
TPOCalcInit
Basic formulaic approach to units, towers, hp, damage, and modifiers

Positives

  • Meetings were at times that I could attend this week
  • Basic rundown of calculations seems to be balanced for now until we introduce more towers and possibly other items
  • Work seem to be better distributed overall

Negatives

  • My lack of Unity 3D knowledge became very evident this week (previous classes I had worked with GameMaker and Unity 2D)
  • Sunk many hours trying to get something working for Unit AI and never finding a solution

Upcoming

  • Some discussions regarding other towers and how damage will function in game need to be ironed out
  • I will be shifting my focus to the Hacknplan and becoming the scrum master since we technically don’t have one yet.

Kyle Streeper – PPJ 2

Completed Tasks

  • Resolved issues with website (1 hour)
  • Started creating base calculations for damage, hp, etc. (2 hours)
  • Meetings (1.5 hours)

websiteSettings

Positives

  • Codebase is moving along smoothly
  • Art assets are starting to come in
  • Website looks much nicer

Negatives

  • Meetings were planned every time I had a class
  • I didn’t get to do much this week

Upcoming

  • We still need to finalize what some of the base abilities are so I can get further along with calculations
  • I am dropping a class to make more time for this project

Kyle Streeper – PPJ 1

Completed Tasks

  • Initial Design session with team (3.5 hours)
  • Setting up of the Git project with Unity and adding correct .gitignore files (1 hour)
  • Setting up this WordPress for us to contribute to (0.5 hours)
  • Getting our first demo hosted on Drexel’s Tux servers (1 hour)

 

PPJ1

Snippet of the initial unity project commit as well as the .gitignore and my terminal window where the game is being hosted.

 

Positives

  • Out initial meeting went very smoothly and everyone was very responsive in terms of abilities so it was easy to establish tasks for the week
  • All weekly milestones were hit without much issue
  • Pathing of units was surprisingly easier to figure out than previously thought

Negatives

  • I probably had the least work out of my team to do for this week which isn’t necessarily bad since my focus and strong suit will come with balancing and numbers in general, which were absent for this week

Upcoming

  • Meeting with team to discuss abilities, healthpools for units, etc.
  • Start designing and laying out numbers of hp, damage, etc.
  • Assist in the creation of the GDD