What’s up Gamers? 2020 is finally over, and 2021 came out the gate swinging. On our end, we’re trying not to dwell on all that, so it’s time for some updates.
We are happy to announce that you’ll be able to play Sons of Ra in the Steam Festival: February 2021! For us, the most exciting news of all is that this demo will feature our brand new Online Multiplayer!
We had another test this past weekend, and we think that things are just about ready for you to try. We have a few larger problems to tackle before then, but one more test oughta do it! …Hopefully.
Psst… you can sign up for that last test here
Once again, thank you to all of our Testers! Every one of you has really helped us with your time, your bug reports, and for humoring us by trying out weird situations so we can take notes. Thank you so much for helping us bring Sons of Ra to a larger audience.
Sekhmet has full functionality, and we are getting all the artwork done for her blessings right now. Her Ultimate, the Huntress, looks suuuuper cool. Check it out below:
- Animations for The Huntress
- New Blessing art for Sekhmet’s Battle Hardened and Isis’ Immunity
- New Sun Tower finalized
- New dust particles for collapsing keep, destroyed towers
- Massive performance upgrades
- Numerous fixes with blessings and units
- Betrayal was a paaaiiiinnn. But it’s good now.
- Improved matchmaking and support for “quick join”
- Final Mixes on all level and menu tracks
- Updated Ra track
- Final Victory track updates
Our main online tasks to work on are client/host desyncs and what we’re calling “ghost lobbies.” There’s still smaller bugs that will need our time eventually, but those are the main focus right now.
As for gameplay, Sekhmet is on the home stretch, and we’re excited to show you her full power soon!
The Steam Festival starts up on February 3rd. We cannot wait for you to play our game and tell us what you think!