Erin Truesdell, PPJ 06

Life’s a Beach

Tasks:

Loadout Menu & Map Select: 1h 30m

Deliverables: 30m

Total: 2h

mapselect.png
Map Select Scene is int eh game and ready to receive new scenes.

 

This week, I learned to work FAST. As I had plans to be gone for the majority of the week, I ended up writing almost the entirety of my UI tasks in just over an hour. Lots of frantic typing and speedy work, plus some touch-ups when I returned to Philadelphia last night.

 

Positives:

Loadout updates are in and map select works!

 

Negatives:

Loadout UI scaling is a little bit buggy and there are a few other minor tweaks that need to be made. Fortunately, I will have some more time this week to make said updates. Also, while the map select is in, the second map itself is not so noth map options take the players to the original.

 

What’s Next:

Bug squashin’ and touchups.

 

Bonus content: The reason I had to work FAST #CekBorbs

38528941_2046647162046340_926625669259984896_n.jpg
Going to a shrimp boil in the Outer Banks

 

Models and Unity, Mark Hurley, PPJ 05

Task Completed:

Unit Model work (16 hours)

Sourcetree Push Shenanigans (4 hours)

Unity work (4 hours)

GDD work (2 hours)

Total hours: 26

 

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

What Went Well?

After the feedback from last week I returned to the models and reduced the number of faces into nearly a third. From there, I gave each model the cloths, weapons, textures, and unique poses to make them distinct on the battlefield. One major success was the texture work. Since I knew I wanted flat colors on the models and didn’t need clean UVs, I was able to give all units the same texture map, simplifying the color assignment when spawning units.

After Sourcetree fought me on trying to push to the repository, I made a number of cosmetic changes to the game and troubleshooting other issues in the game. I also began working on GDD revisions based on balance work Kyle did back at the start of the project; however, this isn’t finished yet. The goal is to combine, Kyle’s sheet, the GDD, and the working game values consistent and balanced across all documents sot there isn’t any more balance inconsistences moving forward.

 

What Could Have Gone Better

I didn’t get to as much unity work as I would like. I spent 4 hours in one day trying to troubleshoot why I couldn’t push to our repository. It was eventually fixed, but I had to redo some work and couldn’t get to some tasks I initially planned.

In addition, I wish we were further along in development than we are. Certain features are not in the game and I’m concerned that we will not have enough time for polish if they aren’t finished soon.

 

Upcoming:

Unity work (balancing, adding missing/unfinished features, visual/audio feedback)

Additional Asset Development if anything is missing or needs modification

Continue work on GDD